Below is a list of documents that are required when you apply for a mortgage. However, every situation is unique and you may be required to provide additional documentation. So, if you are asked for more information, be cooperative and provide the information requested as soon as possible. It will help speed up the application process.
- Copy of signed sales contract including all riders if in contract.
- Verification of the deposit you placed on the home.
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of all realtors, builders, insurance agents and attorneys involved.
- Copy of Listing Sheet and legal description if available (if the property is a condominium please provide condominium declaration, by-laws and most recent budget).
- Copies of your pay-stubs for the most recent 30-day period and year-to-date.
- Copies of your W-2 forms for the past two years.
- Names and addresses of all employers for the last two years (fill out on loan application).
- Letter explaining any gaps in employment in the past 2 years.
- Work visa or green card (copy front & back).
If self-employed or receive commission or bonus, interest/dividends, or rental income:
- Provide full tax returns for the last two years PLUS year-to-date Profit and Loss statement (please provide complete tax return including attached schedules and statements. If you have filed an extension, please supply a copy of the extension.)
- K-1's for all partnerships and S-Corporations for the last two years (please double-check your return. Most K-1's are not attached to the 1040.)
- Completed and signed Federal Partnership (1065) and/or Corporate Income Tax Returns (1120) including all schedules, statements and addenda for the last two years. (Required only if your ownership position is 25% or greater.)
If you will use Alimony or Child Support to qualify:
- Provide divorce decree/court order stating amount, as well as, proof of receipt of funds for last year.
If you receive Social Security income, Disability or VA benefits:
- Provide award letter from agency or organization.
Source of Funds and Down Payment
- Sale of your existing home - provide a copy of the signed sales contract on your current residence and statement or listing agreement if unsold (at closing, you must also provide a settlement/Closing Statement).
- Savings, checking or money market funds - provide copies of bank statements for the last 3 months.
- Stocks and bonds - provide copies of your statement from your broker or copies of certificates.
- Gifts - If part of your cash to close, provide Gift Affidavit and proof of receipt of funds.
- Based on information appearing on your application and/or your credit report, you may be required to submit additional documentation.
Debt or Obligations
- Once you Fill Out The Loan Application, at the end, there is an Authorization to Run a Free Credit Report. We will review this report with you for accuracy.
- This Credit Report Will be used to determine any monthly obligations or debts you may have.
- If any student loans are in deferment, please provide letter showing minimum monthly payment.
- If you are paying alimony or child support, include marital settlement/court order stating the terms of the obligation.
- If someone else is making the payments on a debt, we will need 12 months cancelled checks showing uninterupted obligation being met.